Do you want to create a stunning coming soon or maintenance page for your site?
Coming soon and maintenance pages can improve your UX (user experience) by giving them something to look forward to instead of an error page.
And with the right WordPress plugins, you can turn these pages into opportunities to collect leads, grow your subscriber base, and skyrocket conversions.
In this post, we’re listing out the top coming soon and maintenance mode plugins for WordPress to help you choose the right one for your site.
Do You Need a Maintenance Mode & Coming Soon Plugin?
Maintenance Mode & Coming Soon plugins make it easy to create a landing page to serve as a placeholder while you run maintenance tasks or build your website.
Attention-grabbing pages like these can help you collect leads and convert visitors into subscribers even while your site isn’t available.
Here are 4 reasons why coming soon and maintenance mode plugins are helpful:
- Grow Your Email List – Get a headstart on your email list and build relationships with your customers even before your site goes live.
- Build SEO Profile – Get Google and other search engines to index your site and rank your pages in search results.
- Build Hype – Add social profiles and a countdown timer to create excitement for your site. And by stirring up a buzz about your upcoming launch, you’ll be setting up your business for success.
- Gauge User Interest – Gather data on your users so you can gauge their interest and strategize your launch accordingly.
Now that you know why you need a maintenance and coming soon plugin, let’s check out what the market has to offer.
Best Maintenance Mode & Coming Soon Plugins
Here are our picks for the best WordPress maintenance mode and coming soon plugins.
SeedProd is the best landing page builder for WordPress. It lets you create beautiful high-converting coming soon and maintenance mode pages in minutes.
It has 100+ templates and a drag and drop builder that make it a breeze to create stunning landing pages.
You don’t need to have any technical knowledge or design skills to get professional-looking pages like this:
Here’s what you’ll love about SeedProd:
- Beginner-friendly so anyone can easily set up and use the plugin
- Live preview of your page so you can build as it would appear when it’s live
- Access to 500,000+ stunning images and professional backgrounds
- All designs are mobile-friendly and responsive
- Built-in SEO features to get pages to rank or hide them from search engines
- Powerful lead generation features like contact forms, social icons, countdown timers, and calls to action
- Integrate with popular email marketing services like Constant Contact, Mailchimp, and ConvertKit
Aside from coming soon and maintenance pages, you can also set up custom 404 errors, thank you, squeeze, webinars, and sales splash landing pages.
Pricing: There’s a free version you can get started with. The pro version starts at $39.50 per year.
Elementor is a popular drag and drop WordPress page builder.
You can create pages that are optimized to get more traffic, collect leads, and boost conversions.
Elementor has built-in coming soon and maintenance mode options. So if you’re already using Elementor on your site, this is a great choice!
It lets you set up beautiful coming soon and maintenance pages like this:
- 12 designated maintenance mode templates that are fully customizable
- Widgets like login, countdown timer, share buttons, and contact forms
- Easy to enable coming soon or maintenance mode from the Elementor dashboard
- Set access roles to allow admins or specific users to access the site
- SEO friendly and mobile responsive
Elementor serves as an all-in-one solution to build your site, and set up maintenance and coming soon pages as well.
Pricing: Elementor has a limited builder for free. Paid versions start at $49 per year.
Divi is a drag and drop builder that lets you create and edit your site’s pages with ease.
It has a plugin called Divi Switch that lets you create beautiful coming soon and maintenance mode pages for your site. And you can switch on or turn off maintenance mode at the click of a button.
They have starter page templates so you can set up your page in minutes.
- Edit your page in real time and see results instantly
- Dozens of page elements and thousands of design options
- Responsive by nature so pages look good on all devices
- Email optin forms, social share links, countdown timers, and product promotions
Divi is a versatile tool that acts as a theme, a page builder with tons of functionality.
Pricing: $89 per year or $249 for lifetime access.
4. Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is popular web page builder that has a PowerPack Beaver Builder addon for coming soon and maintenance mode pages.
It lets you easily create and publish your coming soon or maintenance mode page along with an ETA so they know when to come back.
- Drag and drop builder with lots of customizable elements
- Enable maintenance mode and coming soon pages from your WordPress dashboard
- Control user access by login or create custom settings
- 350+ page templates and 10+ maintenance mode and coming soon templates
Pricing: Beaver Builder + the PowerPack addon costs $99 per year.
5. CMP by NiteoThemes
CMP – Coming Soon & Maintenance plugin is a user-friendly WordPress plugin. It lets you easily set up coming soon and maintenance pages.
- Fully-customizable pages that look good on all devices
- Add custom branding and logo
- Custom CSS and translation tools
- Add social share icons, custom subscribe forms, and more
- SEO friendly and GDPR ready
It might be limited in functionality, but CMP is an easy-to-use plugin that works with any WordPress theme!
6. Minimal by WebFactory
Minimal is a WordPress coming soon plugin that offers simplicity and flexibility. You can use it to create a coming soon, maintenance mode, landing page, or launch page.
- Drag and drop page builder
- Tons of design features, including animated and video backgrounds
- Subscribe form module to collect leads
- Autoresponder and emailing services
- Access controls
The downside to this plugin is that there are fewer integrations available than other plugins on this list.
Pricing: Free. Pro plans start at $39 per year.
7. WP Maintenance Mode
WP Maintenance Mode is a simple and free maintenance mode plugin available in the WordPress repository.
It lets you create fully customizable maintenance and coming soon pages.
- Landing page templates and responsive designs
- Supports multisite
- Exclude URLs from maintenance
- Collect emails in a friendly way
- Add contact form, countdown timer, subscription form, and social media icons
The WP Maintenance Mode plugin is SEO-friendly and GDPR ready too. One thing to keep in mind is that it doesn’t have integration options to connect to email marketing services.
8. Under Construction
Under Construction is a maintenance mode plugin for WordPress that’s quick and easy to install in less than a minute.
It’s simple, fast, efficient, and above all, user-friendly.
- Enable construction mode with an on/off switch
- Schedule automatic end date and time
- Add social icons, login button, optin box and popup
- Whitelist user roles and specific users
The free version lets you create simple coming soon and maintenance mode pages. But most of its cool features are a part of the paid version which includes the drag and drop builder, 200+ templates, and integrations.
Pricing: Free. The pro version starts at $69 for a lifetime license.
9. Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode
Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode is a WordPress maintenance mode plugin that helps you manage upcoming launches and downtime.
It works with any WordPress theme. And you can create fullscreen slideshows and multi-page content from one screen.
- Clean retina displays and responsive designs
- 5 slideshow background or single image background
- Integrates with 5+ social networks and wpMail newsletter
- Add countdown timer, custom logo, and social profiles
With this plugin too, the free version gives you access to only basic features. The pro version has templates, newsletter options, additional pages, and more.
Pricing: Free. Paid versions start at $49 with 1 year updates and support.
10. Slim Maintenance Mode
Slim Maintenance Mode, as the name suggests, is a lightweight solution to display a maintenance mode message.
It’s a clean interface with no extra settings. You can activate the plugin, complete your tasks, and deactivate it. Simple.
- Works with any theme
- Supports popular caching plugins like WP Rocket and W3 Total Cache
- Sends 503 Service Unavailable status code to search engines
When you activate maintenance mode, only website administrators can see the website. So this may not be an ideal solution if you want other user roles to have access as well.
Also, you can’t change the maintenance message. There’s just one standard message displayed on your site.
And there you have it. That’s our list of the top 10 maintenance mode and coming soon plugins for WordPress.
Our Verdict: Which is the Best Maintenance Mode & Coming Soon Plugin?
Now that we’ve taken a look at the top maintenance mode and coming soon plugins, we can say without a doubt, that SeedProd takes the #1 spot.
It’s hands down the most powerful page builder on the list with loads of features to build stunning pages.
And it has lead generation tools to convert visitors into subscribers so you can build your list and grow your business.
We hope this post helped you pick the right maintenance mode and coming soon plugin for your WordPress website.
And if you’re serious about generating more leads and building credibility for your site, check out TrustPulse.
TrustPulse is the best social proof app that leverages recent site and brand activity to boost site conversions by up to 15%.
How it works is when visitors come to your site, they’ll see small popup notifications that display recent activity. So for instance, on your coming soon page, you can showcase recent registrations, preorders, email or newsletter subscriptions, and coupon downloads.
When visitors see that your site is busy and others trust your brand, they’re more likely to do the same. So you can build a loyal customer base even before you launch your site!
Now, if you’re worried that you don’t have site activity yet, these posts have neat tips and tricks on how to get started:
- Reasons to Avoid Fake Social Proof (and what to do instead!)
- Best FOMO Popup Examples to Boost Your Conversions
- FOMO Marketing: Everything You Need to Know About Fear of Missing Out
And if you’re ready to start building trust and boosting conversions right away: