Mailchimp is arguably the most popular email marketing service around. Thanks to its intuitive layout, drag-and-drop design, and freemium services for small marketing campaigns, it’s not hard to see why Mailchimp has an estimated market share of 60% according to Datanyze.
But as you probably already know, Mailchimp’s popularity doesn’t make it the one-stop solution for all eCommerce companies.
Of course, that’s not an indictment on Mailchimp’s services. It’s a powerful email marketing platform that gives you complete control over your marketing campaign. However, there are also a number of alternatives that offer the same tools for cheaper or expand on Mailchimp’s existing tools (like more comprehensive A/B test reporting).
Key features to look for as you shop around for Mailchimp alternatives include:
- Accessibility: Choose an email marketing service that’s easy to use and conveniently integrates into your lead generation tools.
- In-depth Reporting: Keep in mind, you’re looking for Mailchimp alternatives in 2019, not 2009. Go with a platform that lets you adopt a data-driven approach or you won’t get the ROI you’re looking for. Don’t even consider any Mailchimp alternatives that don’t offer detailed performance reports that let you access the strengths and weaknesses of your campaign.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, thinking of making the switch to another email marketing platform?
Read on to see our list of favorite Mailchimp competitors for 2019.
It isn’t a coincidence that Constant Contact ranked number one on a list of the most popular Mailchimp alternatives in 2018. The platform offers a lightweight, easy-to-use interface that meets the needs of both big business and “mom and pop” operations.
With plans starting at $20 a month, Constant Contact is also one of the most affordable email marketing solutions on the market. Some of its top features include:
- Built-in heatmap tool that shows which parts of your email attract the most attention from readers.
- In-depth campaign activity reports, including unsubscribes, bounce rates, and inactive readers.
- Fully-customizable email templates, content, and promotional ideas designed to ensure your email marketing campaign launches smoothly.
Looking for Mailchimp alternatives for WordPress sites? The Constant Contact WordPress plugin lets you seamlessly integrate mobile-responsive contact forms into your online store.
Best of all, you can integrate OptinMonster into Constant Contact and create engaging opt-in forms to grow your mailing list using beautiful designs, behavior-tracking technology, and a number of other smart tools to help generate high-quality leads.
If you’re looking for a powerful email marketing tool with minimal startup costs, check out SendinBlue. Unlike Mailchimp and most other email marketing platforms, SendinBlue gives free users an unlimited number of contacts.
Here’s the catch: free users can only send 300 emails per day.
Still, if you’re growing your first email list or sending personalized emails to specific segments of your customer base, SendinBlue’s free tier can help you roll out your initial email marketing campaign. And you can scale it as your mailing list grows (Premium packages start at $25 a month), so you’ve always got room to expand.
Its features include:
- Marketing automation workflows, autoresponder campaigns, and send time optimization.
- Powerful segmentation tools for creating more personalized marketing campaigns.
- In-depth campaign reports, including real-time stats, heat mapping, and A/B testing.
All in all, SendinBlue is perfect for anyone who wants the benefit of Mailchimp’s reporting tools without having to pay Mailchimp’s premium prices.
You can even integrate SendinBlue with OptinMonster for an even more data-driven approach that combines stellar lightboxes and popups with advanced tracking tools that give you more insight into the needs and expectations of your visitors.
If you took Mailchimp’s powerful email marketing tools and build them on a platform designed for eCommerce, you’d get Drip.
Ideal for online businesses, Drip offers the perfect mixture of email marketing and lead generation. It comes equipped with all the innovative mailing tools, like intelligent automation workflows, campaign reports, and drag and drop email templates.
But that’s not all. Drip also comes with built-in eCommerce tools to help you maximize conversions and boost revenue. All starting at $49 a month.
With Drip, you can:
- Monitor conversion rates more effectively, so you know what is and isn’t working in your email campaign.
- Build comprehensive, custom-tailored conversion reports.
- Use on-site visitor behavior to segment your mailing lists.
- Integrate with marketing tools like OptinMonster to create an all-inclusive lead generation/email marketing campaign.
Oh, and did we mention that Drip is free as long as you keep your mailing list under 100 subscribers?
Drip even lets you create individualized touchpoints based on how visitors interact with your eCommerce store. That means you can send custom messages to first-time visitors, cart abandoners, and anyone else who’s performed a specific action on your website.
Are you running a small or medium-sized business and need a powerful marketing tool that can take care of your email and lead generating needs? If so, AWeber is the platform for you!
Starting at $19 a month, AWeber allows you to create custom-tailored email marketing campaigns for your brand awareness, customer engagement, and content marketing campaigns. It also comes with a number of other great features, including:
- Dozens of mobile-responsive designs you can use for kickstarting your email campaign.
- Extensive campaign reporting for adopting an effective data-driven approach.
- Autoresponders and marketing automation tools that are more beginner friendly than Mailchimp and other email marketing platforms.
- Integration with popular marketing tools, including OptinMonster.
- WordPress plugin for creating drag-and-drop customer forms.
Overall, AWeber is an excellent tool for eCommerce companies looking to take their business off the ground. When combined with OptinMonster, AWeber becomes a powerful lead generation tool fully capable of adding some bulk to your mailing list.
It should come as no surprise that Campaign Monitor, one of the top Mailchimp competitors of 2018, is one of our favorite email marketing platforms.
Campaign Monitor’s powerful marketing tools give you full control over your mailing campaign. From in-depth A/B testing, which includes images and subject lines, to detailed reports that help you optimize your marketing strategies, Campaign Monitor makes it easy to build an email campaign from the ground up.
With Campaign Monitor, you can:
- Track the activity of your subscribers so that you know who’s engaging with your content.
- Build custom-tailored email campaigns centered on your subscribers’ interests and on-site behavior.
- Design detailed marketing automation flows using Campaign Monitor’s simple Visual Journey Designer tool.
- Collect meaningful customer data by integrating Campaign Monitor with Salesforce, GetFeedback, and OptinMonster.
But what really makes Campaign Monitor special is its personalization tools that let you target each subscriber, down to the optimal sending time for individuals.
When integrated with other platforms that collect customer data, Campaign Monitor makes it easier for companies to generate leads and strengthen relationships between customers and their brand.
Finding the Right Platform for You
Choosing the perfect email marketing platform isn’t rocket science. Above everything else, it means finding a platform you’re comfortable working on.
Whether that platform is Mailchimp or one of the five alternatives mentioned in this article, be sure to choose a solution that’s convenient and easy to use.
What if you still prefer Mailchimp over its competitors? No worries! OptinMonster integrates with Mailchimp as well, making it easy to collect high quality leads through on-site customer engagement.
In fact, no matter what platform you go with, OptinMonster can help you multiply your leads while doing half the work – go sign up today. ?