Do you want to know the best WordPress eCommerce plugins to help you manage and grow your online store?
The right WordPress plugins can make all the difference in making your marketing and sales operations run smoothly.
First, you’ll need a plugin to create product listings and prices. Then you’ll want to market your store, build your email list, and find new growth opportunities.
Today, we’re going to take a look at the top plugins you need to know about if you’re running an eCommerce store. We’ll explain why you need them, their features, and their pricing, so you can find the ones that are best suited for your business.
Before we dive into the list, we want to quickly show you what you need to look for in a WordPress eCommerce plugin.
What to Look for in a WordPress eCommerce Plugin?
WordPress is home to over 50,000 plugins, making it a challenge to pick the right ones for your site. Not all plugins have the right features that you’ll need for an online store.
Before you install plugins on your site, it’s important that you know what to look for:
- Features and functionality – Some plugins look good but are very limited in terms of what they offer. Before you settle for a plugin, check for alternatives and make sure it’s the best one on the market.
- Design and customizations – Make sure the plugins you choose let you customize the look and layout of your site, so you can match it to your brand and theme. That way, your store will look professional, and you won’t have to spend hours trying to make technical adjustments.
- Integrations – Most online stores have multiple marketing and administration plugins and software. By integrating them, you can automate many processes and make your workflow smoother.
- Affordability – To maximize profits, you’ll want to look for tools that give you the best features at affordable rates.
- Customer support – Support is extremely important because when things go wrong (or you need help), you need to get it fast. If you’re stuck with a slow support system, you’ll likely face losses and angry customers.
Now that you know what to look for in an eCommerce WordPress plugin, let’s dive right into our list of the best WordPress eCommerce plugins.
The Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
We’ve picked the best WordPress eCommerce plugins on the market to help you build, manage, and grow your online empire.
Let’s jump into the list.
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform in the world. It helps you lay the foundation for your store, so you’ll get access to creating product listings with pricing and details.
Plus, you can set up secure payments, configure shipping options, and manage orders efficiently.
WooCommerce has tons of themes and extensions to add more features and functionality to your store. This means you have a lot of room to choose designs and layouts for your site, so it looks 100% unique.
The WooCommerce platform is so widely used that many web hosts have special plans just for WooCommerce stores.
- Supports physical and digital products
- Sell affiliate or external products
- Easy inventory management
- Integrated payment and shipping options
- Great customer support and documentation
Free. There are free and paid addons, themes, and extensions.
OptinMonster is hands-down the best conversion optimization tool for WordPress. Once your store is set up, you’ll want to use OptinMonster to grow your email list and get more people to buy your products.
You can create stunning marketing campaigns like popups, floating bars, slide-ins, gamified wheels, and more.
OptinMonster also has powerful targeting rules designed just for WooCommerce.
You can target customers based on:
- What items they have in their cart
- What product/page they’re interested in
- Cart total
- What actions they take on your site
- Whether they’re leaving your site
…and much more!
These targeting rules help you narrow in on your audience and show them offers that they’ll respond to. In other words, you’ll have 100% control over where, when, and to whom these campaigns appear.
OptinMonster comes with ready-made templates that are easy to customize. That way, you can set up full-fledged campaigns in minutes rather than hours.
Plus, OptinMonster tracks every campaign so you can see what’s working and which pages are converting the most. Then you’ll know what to focus on and where you need to make improvements.
- 50+ stunning templates
- Drag and drop builder for easy customization
- Zero coding or design skills needed
- Integrates with all popular email marketing services
- Actionable insights and A/B testing
Paid plans start at $9 per month.
TrustPulse is the best social proof app for WordPress. It helps you build trust and confidence in visitors so that they feel more comfortable buying from you.
TrustPulse does this by capturing activity on your site (such as sales and signups) and then displaying them in non-intrusive popups.
This not only builds trust but also creates FOMO (fear of missing out) among your site’s traffic.
When visitors see others taking action on your site, they’ll be more likely to do the same. In turn, you’ll get more sales and build a trustworthy brand.
TrustPulse lets you create 4 campaign types:
- Purchase Notifications – Show a live stream of website activity like purchases, registrations, signups, and more.
- On-Fire – Show a live stream of website activity like purchases, registrations, signups, and more.
- Visitor Analytics – Highlight active interest in your site by showing real page visits over time.
- Action Messages – Display a single static notification to help drive visitors to take action or highlight information.
TrustPulse also gives you full control over how the popups look and where they appear.
And it comes with built-in analytics, so you can optimize campaigns to get more email signups, webinar registrations, testimonials and reviews, and sales!
- Instantly boost conversions by up to 15%
- Smart targeting using advanced rules
- Timed display and delayed notifications
- Mobile and desktop notifications
- Flexible design options
- Analytics and reports
Paid plans start at $5 a month.
Constant Contact is a reliable and powerful email service provider (ESP) that you can use to send marketing emails.
It has one of the highest deliverability rates, so you can be sure your emails hit the inbox and not the spam folder.
Constant Contact comes with ready-made templates to create and send stunning emails to your audience. You can set up automated series and scheduled broadcasts to keep your audience engaged.
- Easy-to-use campaign builder
- Pre-designed templates
- List and audience segmentation
- Integrations with popular marketing tools
Starts at $20 per month.
PushEngage is the best web push notification plugin in the market. It lets you connect with your subscribers even when they aren’t actively browsing your site.
You can send messages to their browser to alert them about new launches, sales, offers, back-in-stock products, abandoned carts, and more.
And since people don’t have to disclose their email addresses, it’s easier to get them to sign up for notifications.
PushEngage has powerful features to target subscribers based on timezone, what actions they took on your site, and what they’re interested in.
- Automated and scheduled notifications
- Personalized messages
- Audience segmentation
- Goal tracking, analytics, and A/B testing
- Deep eCommerce integrations
- Offline notifications
There’s a free plan available. Paid plans start at $25 per month.
All in One SEO (AIOSEO) is the #1 search engine optimization (SEO) plugin for WordPress.
If you want to drive more traffic to your site through Google and other search engines, you’ll want to optimize your site’s SEO.
This is where AIOSEO comes in. It’s designed to help you add recommended SEO measures at the click of a button.
It audits your website and shows you what needs to be fixed and improved, so your site ranks on Google.
AIOSEO also lets you optimize every page and post before you publish them. And it comes with advanced WooCommerce SEO features to optimize product pages, product categories, and more.
This plugin saves time, resources and makes SEO optimization a breeze.
- SEO audit checklist to detect critical errors
- Actionable insights and guidance on what steps to take
- Sitemaps and robots.txt
- Social media integration
- Local, Video, and WooCommerce SEO
Starts at $49.50 per year.
SeedProd is the most powerful WordPress landing page builder. It lets you create all kinds of pages for your store, like sales, splash, and squeeze pages.
Plus, this plugin comes with built-in coming soon and maintenance modes, so you can hide your site while you work on your website.
There are 100+ templates to create beautiful pages in minutes. SeedProd also comes with smart sections and advanced blocks, so you can quickly create unique pages.
- Easy customization with a drag and drop builder
- Access control to grant permissions to specific people
- Lead generation features like a countdown timer, optin forms, and more
- Lots of email integrations
- Subscriber management
- Access to 2+ million stock photos
Free version available. Paid plans start at $39.50 per year.
WPForms is the #1 form builder plugin for WordPress. It lets you create contact, login, registration, order, and payment forms, to name a few.
There are 150+ templates to create any form you want. Plus, WPForms has a drag and drop builder to customize the form to your liking.
With WPForms, you can improve the user experience (UX) of your site by making it easy for them to contact you, interact with your site, and submit their feedback.
- User-friendly and beginner-friendly form builder
- Advanced fields like ratings, multiple-choice, drop-down, and Likert scale
- Surveys and polls
- Smart conditional logic to shorten forms
- Conversational forms to keep users engaged
A free version is available. Paid plans start at $39.50 per year.
9. WP Mail SMTP
WP Mail SMTP is the most popular SMTP and PHP Mailer plugin.
WordPress uses a PHP mailing system that isn’t configured properly with most web hosts. This leads to your WordPress emails being undelivered or sent to the junk folder.
You could miss important notifications and transaction emails from your site.
WP Mail SMTP helps you fix this problem in a few clicks. It gives you a proper SMTP mail setup, so your emails are always delivered.
- Keep track of every email sent from your WordPress site
- Control which email notifications your WordPress site sends
- Connect to popular email services
- White glove setup where the support team sets it up for you
The paid plans start at $39 per year.
MemberPress is a really cool WordPress membership plugin. You can use it to create members-only areas on your site, sell courses online, and control who sees your content.
You can set up multiple membership tiers so users can subscribe to different plans. When a user signs up for a membership plan, it automatically grants access to eligible features and creates the correct user role for them.
- Easy to use and create membership programs
- Powerful access rules to grant permissions and add restrictions
- Build and sell courses
- Add customized coupons and control expiry and number of uses
- Create pretty pricing pages
Starts at $179 per year.
Easy Digital Downloads makes selling digital products super easy. You can add ebooks, plugins, PDF files, and much more to your product portfolio.
Easy Digital Downloads comes bundled with many features to integrate payments, create customer account pages, track activity, and more.
- Discount codes
- Built-in shopping cart
- Payment integrations with popular gateways and apps
- Activity tracking
- Data reporting and stats
Starts at $99 per year.
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It lets you connect your store to Google Analytics in just a few clicks.
When running an eCommerce store, you need insights to see what’s working and what’s not. And Google Analytics data can be difficult to navigate and understand.
MonsterInsights takes this complex data and turns it into easy-to-read reports. You can see the performance of products, pages, forms, and more.
It also has an eCommerce addon that lets you track data for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and MemberPress.
You’ll get all the critical data you need, including conversion rate, transactions, revenue, average order value, and more.
- Find top-performing products, posts, and referral sources
- Get valuable insights into your audience’s demographics
- Beginner-friendly with reports that are easy to understand
- Access analytics from inside the WordPress dashboard
Starts at $99.50 per year.
Sucuri is a powerful security plugin for WordPress.
Security is extremely important for eCommerce stores because you’ll be handling critical information. This includes order and shipping info, customer data, and payment information.
Sucuri gives you access to all the necessary security measures you need to add to your site. It makes it easy to set up a firewall to block bots and hackers from breaking into your site.
Plus, if your site does get hacked, Sucuri will clean up the malware and get your site back to normal.
- Unlimited malware and hack cleanup
- Server-level protection
- 3-hour malware scan intervals
Starts at $199.99.
UpdraftPlus is a trusted WordPress backup plugin. It makes copies of your website and stores it safely.
When things go wrong, you can easily restore the latest backup copy and get your site back to normal in no time.
- Back up and restore in one click
- Backups stored on multiple servers
- Manual and scheduled backups
- Copies files, databases, plugins, and themes
- Grant access to specific users
Free plan available. Paid plans start from $42 per year.
15. Wholesale Suite
Wholesale Suite lets you set up a wholesale section in your eCommerce store. You can offer bulk discounts and wholesale prices to customers that want to buy in large quantity.
Wholesale Suite is a bundle of 3 plugins:
- Wholesale Prices Premium – Create wholesale prices, minimum quantity rules, shipping and taxes, and product visibility.
- Wholesale Order Form – Make a separate catalog that’s mobile-friendly and searchable.
- Wholesale Lead Capture – Create registration and login forms for wholesale users.
Wholesale Suite lets you set up separate shipping and tax policies for wholesale users. It also lets you restrict access to the wholesale section, so retail users won’t be able to see it.
- Automate registration, login, and approval sequence
- Searchable, categorized order forms
- Separate shipping and tax rules
- Tiered discounts based on quantity purchased
Bundles start at $148.50 per year. Single plugins start at $49.50 per year.
16. Advanced Coupons
Advanced Coupons lets you take your online store to the next level with awesome discounts and deals!
You can offer customers discounts on products, URLs, shipping, and payment gateways. Advanced Coupons automatically applies coupons to carts when the conditions are met.
That means the entire process of coupons and deals is smooth and error-free.
- Create Buy One Get One Free (BOGO) deals
- Apply coupons automatically if conditions are met
- Create scheduled coupons
- Add shipping coupons
- Build loyalty programs
Free version available. Paid plans start at $49.50 per year.
And there you have it! That’s our top pick of the eCommerce plugins for WordPress.
We hope you found this article helpful in finding the right plugins to build, manage, and grow your online store.
If you’re looking for more WordPress eCommerce plugins to boost sales, conversions, and leads, check out:
- 11 Conversion Rate Optimization Tools To Capture Leads
- 15 Powerful Customer Acquisition Tools to Increase Profits
- 31 Growth Hacking WordPress Plugins and Tools
These posts have more tools that you’ll find helpful in managing and growing your online store.
And if you want a tool to instantly boost conversions by up to 15%, sign up for your risk-free TrustPulse account now!