Have you come across websites acquiring millions of users and tons of dollars in revenue? And have you noticed how some of these companies see all that growth in a short period of time?
Ok… last question: Do you want the same for your site?
The secret lies in something known as “growth hacking.” This is a process that involves rapidly finding the right business strategies and tools.
But it can take time to experiment and test every option available in the market.
That’s why we’ve narrowed it down for you and listed the best growth hacking WordPress plugins and tools that actually work. These tools will help you successfully grow your website through different channels to get maximum results.
Before we get started, though, let’s go into a bit more detail on what we mean by “growth hacking.”
What Is Growth Hacking?
Growth hacking is a field of marketing that focuses solely on growth and nothing else.
It all began with startups and small businesses that couldn’t compete with the big players because they simply didn’t have huge marketing budgets.
So, instead, they had to rely on inexpensive, creative, and innovative methods to exponentially grow their customer base.
But that’s easier said than done. Growth hacking can be challenging, and there are different steps involved:
- Acquisition – Getting new customers and subscribers
- Activation – Convincing customers to use your product or service
- Retention – Keeping customers and reducing churn
- Revenue – Making money from your site
- Referral – Getting customers to refer new customers
Thankfully, there are tons of resource-light and cost-effective tools on the market to help you every step of the way.
With the right growth hacking tools, you’ll be able to push the limits to get maximum results with minimum spending.
Top Growth Hacking WordPress Plugins and Tools
Today, we’ve listed the top data-driven and results-oriented tools to grow your website fast.
And to make it easier to follow, we’ve categorized them by where they would fit into the growth hacking funnel but some of these tools cross over into other stages as well.
Here’s a table of contents to navigate the list easily.
- Get Customers and Leads
- Convince People To Convert
- Retain Customers
- Make Money From Your Site
- Get Customers to Refer You
- Make Website Admin Work Easy
We’ll start with the best tools to grow your subscriber list, get customers, and collect leads.
Growth Hacking Tools To Get Customers and Leads
TrustPulse is the best social proof app on the market, and one of the best growth hacking tools you can use. It helps you build trust and confidence in visitors to boost conversions.
TrustPulse works by capturing activity on your site, such as recent sales and sign-ups. It then displays this activity in small non-intrusive popups on your site.
You’ve likely seen these before. They look something like this:
When visitors see that others love and trust your brand, they are more likely to make a purchase or sign up on your site.
TrustPulse lets you be creative with your popups by showcasing recent activity with 4 different campaign types:
- Recent Activity: Show a live stream of website activity like purchases, registrations, signups, and more.
- On-Fire: Display the number of people taking action on your website in a given period.
- Visitor Analytics: Highlight active interest in your site by showing real page visits over time.
- Action Message: Create a single static notification and help drive visitors to take action or highlight information.
It even lets you display static clickable messages to alert your customers about flash sales, discounts, offers, and more.
That way, you can maximize the results of your sales and marketing campaigns.
- Showcase recent activity, group statistics, and static messages
- Smart targeting rules to show popups at the right time
- Customize your popup designs and position
- Real-time activity tracking
- Works on all popular website platforms
Starts at $5 per month.
OptinMonster is hands down one of the best growth hacking and customer acquisition tools available.
It lets you create different kinds of lead generation campaigns such as popups, slide-ins, and floating bars to get subscribers, leads, and customers.
And you can set up stunning campaigns in minutes using 50+ beautiful templates. It also comes with a user-friendly drag and drop builder, so you can easily customize your campaigns.
Plus, OptinMonster has very powerful targeting to display your campaigns to the right people at the right time.
You can set up different campaigns to target new and returning visitors, or trigger campaigns based on their actions on your site.
OptinMonster also helps you retain customers and reduce cart abandonment with ExitIntent® technology.
This detects when a visitor is leaving your site and triggers a campaign that asks them to subscribe or checkout with a discount before they leave.
OptinMonster works so well that KennedyBlue was able to overcome sales objections and increase sales by 50%.
This tool is proven to drive growth by helping you collect leads, customers, and subscribers.
- Easy to set up automated campaigns
- 9 campaign types and 50+ beautiful templates
- Integrates with popular email services like Constant Contact and Mailchimp
- A/B testing and analytics to check results
- Powerful targeting features to reduce cart and browser abandonment
Starts at $9 per month.
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics tool for WordPress. It gives you valuable insights into your audience and site performance.
MonsterInsights is high on this list because to be successful at growth hacking, you need to identify your audience first. By knowing who they are and where they are coming from, you’ll be able to tailor your strategies to match what they will respond to.
And MonsterInsights is just the tool to help you do this.
It collects your website data and turns it into easy-to-read reports. It gives you actionable data and insights into your audience and your website.
You can also track the performance of your content and marketing campaigns, so you’ll know which ones are working.
Plus, MonsterInsights lets you enable the Google Optimize addon to run A/B tests and adjust the speed and sample rate of your campaigns. That way, you can maximize your growth hacking results.
- Easily understand audience and user behavior
- Get real-time analytics and data
- Set up universal website tracking across devices and campaigns
- Enhanced eCommerce tracking and reports
- Integrates seamlessly with popular WordPress plugins and services
Starts at $99.50 per year.
All in One SEO is by far the most popular SEO plugin for WordPress. It’s a comprehensive solution to boost your site’s SEO.
By optimizing your site’s SEO, you’ll be able to drive free organic traffic to your site without buying paid ads.
All in One SEO is beginner-friendly and lets you enable recommended SEO settings on your site in just a few clicks. And it makes it easy to optimize every new page and post you publish on your site.
With this tool, your site will be ranking on search engine results in no time. And in turn, you’ll get more traffic to your website and more visibility for your brand.
- Automated SEO site audit
- Keyword optimization and readability checks
- Apply technical SEO measures at the click of a button
- Advanced SEO modules and rich snippets
- Optimize for social media sharing
- Specific features for Local SEO and WooCommerce SEO
Pricing: There’s a free version available. The pro version starts at $99.50 per year
WPForms is the best form builder that you can add to your growth hacking toolkit. It lets you create all sorts of forms including contact, registration, and payment forms.
These forms are a great way to connect with customers to clear sales queries and help the checkout. It also has surveys and polls so you can collect valuable feedback and opinions from customers.
It ships with over 100 templates and a drag and drop builder to craft beautiful forms in minutes. Then, you can embed the forms anywhere on your site including pages, posts, footers, and sidebars.
And WPForms goes above and beyond being a form builder. It lets you use smart conditional logic to ask follow-up questions based on the user’s response.
It also lets you transform boring forms into conversational ones that keep the user engaged all the way to the end.
- 100% responsive designs that look good on all devices
- Built-in spam protection
- Integrates with email services and payment providers
- Instant form notifications
- Organize and manage leads in one place
The Lite version is free. Paid plans start at $39.50 per year.
SeedProd is the best page builder for WordPress. It lets you build high-converting landing pages so you can capture leads.
You can use SeedProd to set up beautiful landing pages for every marketing campaign.
So, for example, when a user clicks on a link in an email or ad, they’ll be directed to the dedicated page for that campaign.
It also lets you set up coming soon and maintenance mode pages so you can keep your visitors engaged even when you’re offline.
SeedProd comes with a drag and drop builder and 100+ stunning templates so you can set up your pages in minutes and see your conversion rates rise.
- Build high-converting landing pages in minutes
- Integrates with email marketing platforms
- Customizable call to action buttons
- Add tons of elements such as dynamic progress bars, video blocks, countdown timers, and more
- Add social media share buttons and star ratings
Starts at $49.50 per year.
SEMrush is a great tool for SEO research. It also has features to analyze your paid traffic channels.
You can create target keyword lists and run a detailed competitor analysis. It also gives you insights into advertising channels so you can improve your ad campaigns to generate more sales and revenue from them.
- Track keyword ranking and brand mentions
- Discover best performing posts and pages on social media
- Identify and fix broken links
- Social media tracker
Starts at $119.95 per month
Growth Hacking Tools To Convince People To Convert
Once you collect leads and drive traffic to your site, you’ll find that some visitors need a nudge to buy.
They either don’t trust your brand yet or aren’t convinced that their money will be well spent.
That’s where the tools mentioned below come in.
Smash Balloon is the best social media feeds plugin for WordPress.
Most customers today rely on social media engagement to tell them if they can trust a brand. If you have an active social media presence, you can showcase it on your site to boost engagement and conversions.
Plus, Smash Balloon makes it easy to set up automated social media feeds on your site.
As you post to your social media handles, Smash Balloon will automatically fetch it and display it on your site.
The tool works with Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. And if you want to take your conversions to higher levels, you can combine all your feeds and create a powerful social wall.
- Easily set up a customized and automated feed
- Designed for speed so it won’t slow down your site
- SEO-friendly and mobile-friendly
- Display likes, shares, comments, and reactions
- Show subscribe or follow buttons to gain more followers
Starts at $49 per year.
Advanced Coupons is a tool that lets you offer deals and discounts to customers to encourage them to buy.
It can help you increase sales and revenue through BOGO deals (buy one, get one), loyalty programs, shipping coupons, and more.
And it makes it easy to set up rules for coupons to be applied automatically if certain conditions are met.
- Schedule coupon validity
- Auto apply coupons
- Alert customers about available coupons
Starts at $49.50 per year.
Growth Hacking Tools To Retain Customers
When you offer a great product and user experience, satisfied customers will automatically come back for more. But often, you’ll need to convince or remind them to revisit your site.
These tools will help build a relationship with customers. That way, you can convert more one-time customers into returning customers.
PushEngage is a trusted push notification tool that works with all websites. It lets you target your visitors and send messages even when they aren’t actively browsing your site.
You can use PushEngage to send alerts to a subscriber’s browser (like Chrome or Firefox) to let them know about sales and price drops.
And you can even remind them about their abandoned carts and ask them to complete their purchase.
Push notifications are effective in bringing customers back to your site. And it’s also easy to grow your subscriber base because they just need to allow browser notifications without disclosing their personal contact details such as a phone number or email address.
You can set up automated and scheduled campaign series to keep customers engaged and build relationships with them.
- Create and track campaign goals to optimize results
- Trigger notifications based on user action such as cart abandonment
- Alert customers about price drops and sales
- Send inventory and ‘back in stock’ alerts
There’s a free plan available for up to 2,500 subscribers a month. Paid plans start at $25 per month.
11. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is one of the best email marketing service providers on the market.
You can create and broadcast newsletters or send out targeted email campaigns. It also lets you schedule emails and trigger campaigns based on the subscriber’s actions and behavior.
Constant Contact is quick and easy to set up, so it’s a great option for beginners, too. Plus, it integrates with tons of marketing tools making it easy to set up automated workflows.
- Create and send branded emails
- Drag and drop editor to customize every design
- Responsive email designs that look great on all devices
- Use Facebook and Instagram ads to get more leads
Starts at $20 per month.
12. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is the best caching plugin for WordPress. It instantly improves your site’s speed and performance.
And as you know, site speed can make all the difference in getting and retaining customers. Visitors expect a site to load in 3 seconds, and every small delay means you lose more potential revenue.
WP Rocket is beginner-friendly and doesn’t require any technical skills to use. You simply need to install it on your WordPress site and it will auto-apply the recommended settings to make your site faster.
- Automatically turns on recommend cache settings
- Lazy load images and CDN support
- Built-in gzip compression, page cache, and cache pre-loading
- Advanced features to improve page load time
Starts at $49 per month.
13. StackPath CDN
StackPath (formerly known as MaxCDN) is another tool that helps speed up your website. It does this by using multiple servers across the world.
When someone visits your site, StackPath will use the server that’s geographically closest to them. This makes the web page load faster and instantly improves user experience (UX).
StackPath lets you purge your content stored on all servers at the push of a button. If you have new content or changes made to your site, you can roll out the changes across the globe immediately.
- Get access to servers across the world
- Protect your content stored on servers with URL signing
- Free private EdgeSSL certificate
- Real-time analytics
You’ll need to contact the sales team for a quote on your specific needs.
Hotjar is a heatmap tool that lets you see how visitors interact with your site.
You may have set up your website and marketing campaigns following proven strategies. But it’s impossible to tell what your visitors are actually doing, where they are clicking, or where they get bored and drop off.
Hotjar gives you visual insights into what your visitors are doing on your website. You can see where people spend the most time on your site and when they leave.
That way, you can find spots where users are most engaged and display call-to-action (CTA) buttons and offers in these areas where people most likely to convert.
You’ll also be able to discover where you’re going wrong so that you can make improvements to your website content and marketing strategy.
- Visual understanding of customer behavior
- Instant insights into your audience
- Collect feedback from visitors
- See where visitors abandon their session
Starts at $99 per month.
Owler is a competitor analysis tool to help you understand your market and industry better.
To be successful at growth hacking, you need to know your market and what your competitors are up to. And Owler gives you these insights.
You can view information from over 14 million private and public businesses. This includes their revenue, employee count, funding, and top competitors.
From this, you can discover new opportunities in your industry, location, and market.
Owler shows you what changes are taking place in your industry so that you can keep up with the times and move your business forward.
- Get insights into industry trends
- Track and analyze competitors
- Monitor brand mentions and your reputation
- Get real-time alerts on your mobile
A free plan available. Pro versions start at $99 per year.
Growth Hacking Tools to Make Money From Your Site
There are different ways you can make money from your site. For starters, you may already have a product or service that you’re selling.
And every tool in this list will help you bring in more customers and increase revenue.
In this section, we’re listing the top tools to generate more revenue from your site through different marketing opportunities and growth channels.
16. Easy Affiliate (formerly “Affiliate Royale”)
Easy Affiliate (formerly known as “Affiliate Royale”) is the best platform to create an affiliate program on your site.
It lets you set up a full-fledged affiliate program to get users to promote your products in exchange for a commission.
This helps increase sales and also gets you more brand visibility.
Once your program is up and running, you can track your affiliate sales and performance. That way, you can see who your top performers are and where most of your sales are coming from.
- Easy to set up and manage affiliates
- Dashboard for affiliate members to track their own performance
- Integrates easily with MemberPress, eCommerce platforms, and payment services.
Starts at $99.50 per year.
ThirstyAffiliates lets you easily manage your affiliate links on your site.
It converts long ugly affiliate links and transforms them into short and neat links so that it’s easy to share on social media and emails.
It also makes it super easy to insert affiliate links into your blog posts and pages.
- Protects your earnings from fraudsters
- Built-in reports with charts and tables
- Proactive link fixer and automatic 404 checker
Starts at $49 per year.
MemberPress is the best WordPress membership plugin on the market today. It lets you set up membership programs on your site where users can sign up to get exclusive access to restricted content and features.
For example, you can offer member-only access to premium content, free shipping, priority support, and early-bird access to events and sales.
In this way, you can create a loyal customer base and make more money as well.
- Create multi-level memberships with different pricing plans
- Control who sees your content and digital downloads
- Accept payments securely
- Integrates with popular marketing platforms
Starts at $179 per year.
LearnDash lets you create and offer professional courses online.
And once you set up your online programs, they can run automatically and bring in revenue with minimal work from your side.
LearnDash is by far the most popular and best LMS (Learning Management System) platform for WordPress.
It’s used by major universities, professional training organizations, small businesses and Fortune 500 companies.
- Easily set up and manage courses
- Add quizzes and exams
- Issue certificates
- Set up one-time or recurring payment options
- Addons to extend functionality
- Integrates with popular marketing and payment services
Starts at $159.
20. Google Adsense
Google Adsense lets you display ads on your site to earn revenue from them.
When you sign up for Google Adsense, you get access to the largest ad network in the world.
It also lets you display ads that are in line with your own industry and market. And visitors will see relevant ads so you can maximize your revenue.
- Simple to set up
- Control the ads displayed on your site
- Customize where and when your ads are displayed
Get Customers to Refer You
When you build a trusted brand and sell a great product or service, customers will automatically spread the word about you.
But in addition to that, you can ask customers to refer you to their friends and family by offering a referral program.
And there are tools that help you set up automated signups and reward payouts for referrers.
RafflePress is a popular and powerful WordPress giveaway plugin. It lets you build successful contest campaigns in minutes using its drag and drop builder.
Giveaways and contests open a window of opportunity to get people to share your brand and get others to sign up. This helps grow your subscriber base and drive more traffic to your site in a short span of time.
RafflePress lets you create awesome contests that users can enter with a single click. And you can get them to share your campaign, posts, and social media handles to qualify for the prize.
This tool integrates with all popular social media platforms, email marketing tools, and CRMs.
- Responsive mobile-friendly designs
- Proven goal-based templates
- Add bonus actions to get more social media engagement
- Maximize results with success tracking and retargeting
Starts at $39.20 per year.
Referral Candy is a plugin for WooCommerce sites. It lets you reward customers for referring their friends and family.
You can set up an automated referral program with eligibility criteria. Referral Candy will then give out rewards to those who meet the conditions set by you.
This tool helps you spread the word about your brand and get more customers.
- Analytics to make data-driven decisions
- Set and forget referral program
- Built-in fraud protection
Starts at $49 per month.
Growth Hacking Tools To Make Website Admin Work Easy
Website admin work can take up a huge chunk of the day leaving you with very little time to focus on growing your business.
But with the right tools, you can streamline your processes and make your communications smoother so that your business is free to grow exponentially.
The tools below will help you automate routine processes, reduce admin work, and make your workflow smoother.
23. Google Workspace
Google Workspace, formerly known as GSuite, gives you access to a comprehensive toolkit to make your website operations run smoothly.
You get access to professional email and secure online storage.
Plus, you can use team chats, video conferencing, and easily share files and docs to boost productivity and make communication seamless.
- Shared calendars to make sure everyone’s on the same page
- Secure cloud storage
- Tools to create content and track performance
Starts at $6 per month.
Tailwind is the best social media scheduling tool that helps you get results fast.
You can find the best time to post with recommended hashtags that will help drive engagement. And it lets you auto-publish your posts and videos to your social media handles.
So you can save time by scheduling your social content calendar in advance.
- Visually plan and schedule your social media content
- Auto-updates your links in the background
- Ready to use post ideas
- Summary reports and metrics
Starts at $10 per month (billed annually).
LiveChat helps you set up automated messages to engage with customers instantly when they contact you.
You can also nudge customers to connect with you when they’re browsing your site. That way, they know they have the option to ask questions if they are unsure about your product.
This not only reduces admin work but also boosts sales by removing any sales objections the visitor might have.
LiveChat makes it easy to maintain a balance between automation and real human touch.
- Tap into AI chatbot automation
- Create and manage tickets easily
- Track sales and goals
Starts $16 per month.
26. WP Mail SMTP
WP Mail SMTP is the best plugin to solve email issues in WordPress.
WordPress relies on PHP mail which isn’t properly set up by most web hosts.
This means important notifications and emails from your WordPress site could be undelivered or sent to the spam folder.
WP Mail SMTP fixes these problems by using a proper trusted SMTP mail server.
That means you’ll never miss notifications about comments, registrations, contact form entries, and more.
- Beginner-friendly so anyone can use it
- Easy instructions to resolve email issues
- Several SMTP providers to choose from such as Mailgun, Gmail, and SendGrid
- No coding skills needed
Paid plans start at $49/year.
Uncanny Automator lets you create automated workflows to take care of routine admin and marketing tasks.
That way, you can trigger tasks based on actions from the user or visitor.
You can connect your existing plugins and apps to build recipes that personalize your visitor’s experience.
So, for example, when a user signs up for a membership program, a WordPress user role is automatically created for them.
They are then enrolled in any features or courses that they’re eligible for. You can also trigger an email series to welcome them to the program.
- Built for beginners
- Thousands of app integrations
- Unlimited recipe opportunities
- Set up automated workflows in minutes
Starts at $149 with 1 year of support and updates.
UpdraftPlus is the best backup plugin that lets you create automated and scheduled backups of your site.
Every website should maintain working backup copies of its site. This is because your site is prone to errors and hacks, and when things go wrong, a backup copy lets you easily restore your site in minutes.
With UpdraftPlus, you don’t have to worry about taking backups every time you make changes to your site. It will create backups for you on a regular basis and store them safely.
- Incremental technology that backs up even large sites without slowing it down
- Multiple storage options
- Set and forget automated backups
- Easy to restore
- Advanced features like cloning, migration, and reporting
There’s a basic free version. Paid plans start at $42 per year.
Sucuri is the best security solution to protect your site from hackers.
Hackers are constantly looking for targets and when they manage to hack your site, it could take you days to fix and restore it to normal.
In the meantime, your site can be blacklisted by search engines and ad platforms. This will set back your marketing progress and growth.
By installing Sucuri on your site, you’ll be better protected against hackers and malware. Plus, you can be sure that your site won’t face any disruptions.
- Ensures site security is up to date
- Monitors your site at regular intervals
- Firewall blocks attacks before they reach your site
- Checks for blacklist statuses
Paid plans start at $199.99 per year.
Really Simple SSL lets you install an SSL certificate on your website in minutes.
SSL makes sure any data transmitted to and from your site is encrypted so no hacker can steal it.
And if you don’t have an SSL certificate, Google will alert visitors that your site may not be safe for them to visit.
This could lead to a loss of visitors, customers, and revenue.
Really Simple SSL makes it so easy to set up SSL on your site in just a few clicks.
- Automatic migration from HTTP to HTTPS
- Auto-detects site settings for SSL
Free. The paid version starts at $29.
Nextiva is popularly known as the best business VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) provider. It also offers multi-channel customer support and internal communication tools.
This lets you set up autoresponders to engage with customers outside of business hours.
You can also create automated workflows to boost user experience.
- Get a toll-free number, live chat, and email support
- Manage it all from a centralized dashboard
- Set up a customer support system in minutes
- Team collaboration tools
- Get customer intelligence and analytics
Starts at $18.95 per month per user.
And there you have it! These have been our top picks for the best growth hacking WordPress tools. We hope this list helped you find awesome growth hacking tools to take your business to the next level.
If you’re still looking for more resources on growth hacking, you may also want to see:
- Growth Hacking Strategies to Boost Your Business Now
- WordPress Lead Generation Plugins to Explode Your Email List
- 35+ Best WordPress Plugins and Tools (Free and Paid)
These articles are loaded with info to help you grow your leads, sales, and revenue